The Home of Australian Cheerleading
At AUS Cheer, we believe that the education of Coaches is the key to providing a safe learning environment. The Level 1 Cheerleading Coaches Course is recognised under the Australian Sport Commission's National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS) and teaches beginner coaching competencies by using a step-by-step approach.
The Level 1 Course involves two components:
- Principles of Coaching (a free online course hosted by the Australian Sports Commission. Please click here to access the Principles of Coaching course.
- Practical Cheerleading Course - 1 day. 100% attendance is required.
Once you have completed the Principles of Coaching and Practial Cheerleading Course, the following post course assessment tasks are required to be completed to be eligible to gain a Level 1 Cheerleading Coach Accreditation:
- 10 week unit plan
- 3 lesson plans drawn from your Unit Plan (implemented and evaluated by yourself and a supervising coach)
- DVD (or an 'in person' assessment by an Accredited Assessor) of a practical coaching session based on one of the prepared lesson plans
- 40 hours of practical coaching in cheerleading (10 hours must be completed post course and evaluated by an Accredited Coach)
To gain a Level 1 Cheerleading Accreditation, you must be 16 years of age, however you may attend the course if you are younger, and gain accreditation after your 16th birthday (within 12 months of attending the course).
AUS Cheer recognises safety certification's that may have been achieved in other countries (e.g. USASF, NCSSE). To become a Technical Member of the Australian Cheerleading Union, candidates are required to submit a "Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)" application to verify course competencies have been met. Upon verification, an invitation will be extended to become a Technical Member of the Australian Cheerleading Union, where they can also enjoy the Membership benefits.